Alfred Shaw Trust Fund
Background Information: The Alfred Shaw Trust Fund is managed by the Community Foundation for Merseyside. The Trust was established in memory of Alfred Shaw and this fund has been created following the transfer of the Trust fund to the Community Foundation.
What is the focus of the fund: The charitable objectives of the Trust are:
- To help and support disabled children and young people
- To increase the provision of diversionary activities and facilities to help and support vulnerable children and young people
- To support projects and initiatives that support vulnerable people through the winter months.
- To support the provision of amenities for the elderly helping to reduce social isolation
- To support education initiatives that will help to raise the aspirations of children and young people living in Runcorn with particular interest in music and the arts
- To support young people to undertake projects or activities, where assistance from public bodies is not usually available. Applications for funding assistance will be considered for the advancement of education and training of individuals under the age of 25yrs who are residents of Runcorn
How much is available: The maximum grant available is £1500 for groups and £250 for individuals. More may be awarded in exceptional circumstances.
Who can apply:Voluntary or community groups with a constitution or set of rules in the group’s name, which includes CICs and Social Enterprises and young people under the age of 25 residing in Runcorn.
Which areas are covered: Runcorn (WA7 postcode)
Any special criteria: The fund will not support core salaries or general running costs but will consider sessional worker costs and an element of full cost recovery as part of a specific project.
Examples of the sorts of projects that may be funded:
- Equipment for youth club
- Music workshops for young people
- Training for volunteers
- Equipment for luncheon club
- Activities for older person’s group
- Projects to reduce social isolation for vulnerable groups
- Play items for group working with children with disabilities
- Coaching qualification for young person
- Costs of attending a training session that will help a young person develop their career