Click here to apply
The aim of this grant fund is to assist social enterprises, charities and community groups (“organisation”) to:-
• increase independence
• contribute to the local economic growth and social value
• improve community resilience
• contribute to greater community collaboration and cohesion
The maximum size of the grant is £5,000. Priority for the fund is to support a wide range of grassroots organisations and the fund will support organisations that are currently providing or wish to provide low cost preventative activities, projects and services for social care users, and/or alternatives to service led models for people with learning and other disabilities who are currently receiving care services.
The Knowsley Foundation is keen to receive applications from organisations that will bring innovative projects and activities no matter how big or small.
1. The projects and activities undertaken or services offered must be for adults accessing social care and contribute to improving the wellbeing, health, or care of the recipients;
2. Funding is only available for new or existing social enterprises or charities/community groups who want to establish an enterprising element to their work and who are based in Knowsley;
3. All activities, services, projects, undertakings and engagements must take place within Knowsley; grants will not be given for activities already delivered;
4. Each grant application will be judged on its merits and will be proportional to the size of the organisation and the anticipated outcomes;
5. Organisations must be compliant with law and practice in relation to diversity and equal opportunities and that they have an active commitment to take account of the needs of different groups of individuals within the organisation;
6. Funding is only available to projects/services/activities that can demonstrate and evidence some form of income generation (not just grants);
7. Organisations must demonstrate on their application form how they will be sustainable after 12 months once the funding has been pledged or given (in full or on part);
8. Applications need to demonstrate and evidence how their project, activity, service is innovative and, where applicable, links to current services;
9. Applications must clearly show how the project/service/activity will make a positive difference to the lives of beneficiaries and how this will be recorded;
10. Applicants need to be able to keep a record of any match funding secured and provide details as part of their evaluation (this funding can be used as match for other funding applications you may be making).
Closing date: 15th March 2019
Additional support available
In addition to the funding, it is proposed that successful applicants will be able to access free mentoring from leading business people and entrepreneurs through Knowsley Chamber of Commerce and social entrepreneurs through Knowsley CVS. There will also be other forms of free business support, advice, guidance and information available through these organisations.
Knowsley CVS will provide support to successful applicants to review, maximise and evidence the Social Value they create through project delivery.
Click here to apply