GIVE to your community and plan your philanthropy.
" I'm passionate about supporting the community in which I live and work. As a local business person undertaking philanthropy is vital to provide positive social opportunities and improve local peoples' lives. As a Merseyside 100 member this is one of the ways I'm undertaking my philanthropy, with a trusted organisation that works with our vibrant local communities."
Merseyside 100 win Emerging Philanthropist Award!
The Merseyside 100 was named ‘Emerging Philanthropist of the Year’ at the Community Foundation for Merseyside’s Spirit of Merseyside Awards. Merseyside 100 is a unique philanthropic giving club that brings together dozens of regional businesses, individuals and entrepreneurs to create a new circle of charitable giving.
The scheme launched with the aim to support local communities in Merseyside by bringing together like-minded businesses and individuals who are passionate about the region and wish to collaborate together to fundraise and help address key local issues.
View a short film about the Merseyside 100 here
The judges felt the winner of this category is a great model of what can be achieved.
This type of project is difficult to set up in the UK because we do not have a tradition of talking openly about our charitable giving. This project makes philanthropy widely accessible.
About Merseyside 100
As the majority of our programmes are focused around a particular theme, we are able to identify gaps that have appeared within boroughs of Merseyside where our funding does not reach. Merseyside 100 addresses this urgent need by increasing the amount of unrestricted grant-making income in order to truly meet social need where help is needed the most.
Merseyside 100 brings together members; both individuals and businesses who have the desire to make a long lasting improvement to community life. Members make a modest financial commitment to help others at a grassroots level and recognise the urgency in addressing real social need; together building a stronger Merseyside. For £1,000 per year pledged for three years, amounting to just under £83 per month, members of Merseyside 100 collectively make a long lasting improvement to community life across our region for everyone.
Upon reaching 100 members this will generate:
• £50,000 per annum to be used immediately for local needs within the community
• £50,000 per annum to be invested into the Merseyside 100 endowment pot, where interest is drawn down annually for grant-making
• £25,000 per annum to be reclaimed in Gift Aid to support the development and sustainability of the Community Foundation.
Becoming a member of Merseyside 100 enables you to support the community of Merseyside, members will;
• receive regular reports on the grants awarded
• participate in exclusive events and networking opportunities with like minded individuals
• support a wide range of community projects in Merseyside both now and in the future
• have recognition on the Community Foundation website
• have the opportunity to become part of a unique set of community philanthropists
• have the opportunity to attend project visits to local community groups
• witness first hand the difference their donation is making in Merseyside.
To become a member of this leading movement making a positive difference to lives across Merseyside and join key local businesses such as; RS Clare, Shop Direct Group, Jackson & Canter, The Liner Hotel and individuals; Andrew Collinge, Philip Rooney, DLA Piper and Sue Weir, Medicash; please contact Lauren Malone, Community Philanthropy Senior Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0151 232 2429.
• Since January 2010, Merseyside 100 has distributed £28,000 of funding to local projects across Merseyside. To find out more, please click here.
• To download the latest Merseyside 100 brochure, please click here.
• For Merseyside 100 FAQ's, please click here.
• To join Merseyside 100, please click here.
• To see the current list of members, please click here.
Photo: Founding members of Merseyside 100 at the launch event hosted by Hill Dickinson, l-r: Barbara Hodgson from the Cooperative Bank, Colin Wardale, Cara Newton from Shop Direct Group, Cathy Elliott, Andrew Collinge, Sue Weir, Phillip Rooney and John Blythe from accomod8.
For further information on the Merseyside 100 please contact Lauren Malone, Community Philanthropy Senior Officer on 0151 232 2429 or email: email@example.com